Skip to the Content
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q What are the undercoating and pads on the sides and bottom of the sink for?
- A The undercoating and pads are the "soundproofing" of the sink. The pads reduce the "pinging" of the sink. And the undercoating helps prevent condensation on the bottom side of the sink.
- Q What is the gauge of your sinks and how does the gauge affect the quality?
- A The gauge is the thickness of the stainless steel. It is important to remember that the lower the gauge, the thicker the stainless steel. Our thickest, sturdiest bowls are 16 gauge, a high quality bowl is 18 gauge and a standard bowl is 20 gauge. When looking at stainless steel sinks, remember a 20 gauge sink will bend at the seams when you press your thumb against it. An 18 gauge will not give. Beware, not all sinks out there are what they say they are. Always do the "thumb test" when looking at sinks.
- Q What is the Chromium/ Nickel content?
- A Chromium (Cr) is an alloying element that is used in stainless steel to deter corrosion. (Luster & durability) Nickel (Ni) is an alloying element used in stainless steels to enhance ductility and corrosion resistance (hardness & strength). The chromium nickel content is the percentage of chrome and nickel in the stainless steel. At Eclipse our stainless steel is 18/10 chromium nickel content which means it contains 18% chromium and 10% nickel. This is the same chromium/nickel content of all premium and fabricator grade sinks. Some companies may have an 18 gauge sink with a 18/8 chromium nickel content. You can spot the difference as a gray dull appearance versus the silver hue of our sinks.
- Q What kind of finish do your stainless steel sinks have?
- A Our sinks have a brushed finish also called a hairline or matte finish. This is preferred by most fabricators because scratches do not stand out as much as they would on a polished or mirrored finish.
- Q What accessories are available?
- A We offer protective grates for every stainless steel model sink except for the following models:
You can purchase grates through your local fabricator or directly from Eclipse using this website.
- 505 - small bowl
- 598 - middle sink
- Ceramic and vanity sinks